Recent essays, articles and blogs
- Illustrated essay on emerging poetic-visual and new media work at the 2016 Oslo Poesifilm festival: Lights, camera, poetry. For Literature Across Frontiers’s Literary Europe Live project.
- Poetry Wales – Editorials – Volumes 50+.
- The poetry of the interpreters – on how understanding, misunderstanding and communication figure in the art of poetry translation. Written at the Reel Iraq translation workshop, April 2014.
- Built with processing and processing: a series of essays reflecting on the process of collaborating with digital artist Molly Morin. These were written for the exhibition ⌘A⌘C⌘N⌘V⌘S curated by the &/ project. Visit the exhibition andorproject.com online which is open until the 31st of May 2014.
- Illustrated essay for Wales Literature Exchange detailing a journey across Patagonia, with photographs: Forgetting Chatwin?
- Bells: an essay exploring the culture of bells, in Junction Box, November 2013
- Against the illusion of transparency: two poetry translation projects, in Poetry Wales, Winter 2013/2014.
- The push, the pull: collaboration in contemporary poetry, in Poetry Wales, Winter 2012/2013.
- ‘Half-articulated wailings’ – an essay about the voice on the Electronic Voice Phenomenon project blog.
- A word in your shell-like – an essay about the listener on the Electronic Voice Phenomenon project blog.
- A Reader’s Christmas Holiday, best served melancholy – a column for the Western Mail, republished on the New Welsh Review website.
- Good vibrations – a blog about the Kristin Linklater course ‘finding the poet’s voice’, on the New Welsh Review website.
Interviews by Nia Davies
- Interviews with poets for the 2013 North Wales International Poetry Festival: Vassilis Amanatidis, Doina Ioanid, Eiríkur Örn Norðdahl, Christine Huber, Ondřej Buddeus and Astrid Lampe.
- With Sarah Gridley, Poetry Wales Autumn 2013
- With Elyse Fenton, New Welsh Review website
Interviews with Nia Davies
- With Spoken Word Wales Martin Locock podcast 2016
- With The Crunch Issue 2 podcast 2015
- With Gary Raymond in Wales Arts Review V3.8, April 2014
- On the Planet Podcast with Dafydd Prys 2014
- Transom issue 5 with three poems